Pages

Thursday, 9 January 2014

Boots Botanics Skin Care Review

Hello my lovelies! 
It's that time again, time for me to sit down and write about some products I don't really need, but really really want in my life.

Today I've got a cheeky (yet informative..I hope) product review of Boots Botanics skin care range. Admittedly I had never heard of this range until I wandered into Boots on my lunch break on the hunt for some new skin care products because my current stash is running out and I'm not too sure whether it actually makes a difference to my skin or not. So anyway, after parading up and down the isles for something that wasn't going to break the bank, one of the sales assistants guided me towards the Botanics section. Immediately I noticed that everything was half price which was bloomin' marvelous, but that there are a few different ranges within the brand for different skin types/product outcomes. 

I stood staring at it all for ages they probably thought I was going to steal something. Which I wasn't, I'll just make that clear. And finally decided on the below products.  

From left to right: Ionic Clay Mask from the Shine Away range, Gentle Cleansing Cream and Cleansing Toner from the All Bright range.




The first thing I picked up was the Ionic Clay Mask which is designed to absorb excess oil and cleanse the skin. I use this weekly and leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with a damp cloth.
The back of the bottle says that 'the oceanic clay exhibits a negative  electrical charge, which helps to draw out deep-rooted impurities without overdrying' now I can't say whether there's an electrical charge because I wouldn't know how to tell, but I do know that once I've used it my skin feels really fresh and looks much healthier.
I think I picked this up for £3 something during the half price offer, so it would be between £7-8 normally. Which I would say is worth it because I have really noticed a difference to my skin. 
                                       

The next thing that caught my eye was this. The Gentle Cleansing Cream from the All Bright range. This is designed to remove makeup, remove oil and other impurities. I tend to take off my makeup before I use this because I like to make sure as much of the product gets to my skin as possible, instead of using it to remove makeup.
I usually like to use a new beauty item for a month to allow me to get used to the product, the product to get used to my skin and to decide for sure whether I like it or not. BUT, I've been using this little beauty twice every day and my skin looks and feels the healthiest it has in a long time. It's never brought my skin out and right from the first day of using it I noticed a positive difference. Combined with daily use of the Cleansing Toner which I use straight after the Cleansing Cream, my blemishes and redness has reduced dramatically, and I am finding that if a spot does appear, it will be gone the next day because of these products.

In the mornings, after I have washed my face, I sweep the Cleansing Cream over my face and neck using a cotton wall ball, and then use another cotton ball and wipe the Cleansing Toner over my whole face. I then apply my moisturiser followed by my makeup. At the end of the day, I remove my makeup, wash my face and apply both products before bed. I tend to use the face mask on Wednesdays as a mid week refreshment for my face.   

Let me know if you have used any of the Botanics range and if you recommend any! I hope that you have found this post useful and let me know also if you'd like more reviews.

Have a nice week!

Byeee x







No comments:

Post a Comment